View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 22:08   #38
philipp
Inactive

Services: vivid 200. 3 tivos with all main channels.
philipp is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: What can cause this intermittent power level fault

Well this problem is still occuring and has not been fixed. I had no phone call back either from the principal tech either.

For the past couple of weeks its been generally fine. The odd fluctuation every day or so for a minute or so I didn't inform them. Until yersterday and tonight where its now happening in peak time periods and 90% of channels are effected and broadband is unusuable (the snr fluctates between 7-33 on each channel and the modulation goes from qam256 to unknown and back to qam2repeat on all channels) the pwoer levels go to around -5 now instead of the deep drop to -15.

I have yet another engineer coming tomorrow. They had no record of what the principal tech has said and done (not suprised there.

I was speaking to someone from the next road who is having the same trouble as us. (They are in the same cab) Virgin came today and did a repull for them with the thicker cable. I don't think that will help us with being less than 5-10 metres from the cab (cab is outside of property to the side) and with a hdu installed.

Is this the stage I am going to have to contact head office to get this finally fixed? Or should I wait for what excuse tomorrow's engineer brings to the table?
philipp is offline   Reply With Quote