View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 12:17   #34
philipp
Inactive

Services: vivid 200. 3 tivos with all main channels.
philipp is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: What can cause this intermittent power level fault

hi thanks for the informative reply.

my equipment is constantly on so I don't think my equipment is rogue it could be someone elses though. All the cabling in the house has been checked. One engineer said he measured the loss from the cab to the entry point of the house and he said there was hardly no degradation so he doesn't think its the line in the garden. (The green box is about 5m to the side of the property).

One engineer stated that theres was 62 devices connected to the box with a mac (we have 4 of them 2 tivo, 1 v+ and the superhub) and ALL are showing the same at the same time we are going offline in cardie. I know next door has their equipment replaced or upgraded (dont know which in this time period). This has been checked 3 times. 2 times it wasn't passed on to networks (or networks didn''t do anything) because of work going on in area. Third time it was like I said but I don't know was done. I saw him chucking some cabling away though. It is also apparantly only effecting our cab so the numbers of customers is low for it be picked up as a network fault.

The times of the day varies and the length its occuring varies as well so thats another it mainly happens during the night or early morning. (6-8am) but can happen during the day. Another thing is that if the power levels drop enough to cause it to disconect (sometimes it stays online and we only have picture breakup on tv) that a cold reset on superhub needs to be done. I've noticed the superhub contains SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to receive MAC SYNC frame within time-out period; if its online at the lower power levels and snr when it returns to normal.

One thing I have noticed is that during the last 2 weeks we had no downtime its been quite warm and now its cooler and its came back.

I've been promised a call back on Wed telling me what they found, or at least they looking at it. He said do not call customer services again as this fault is from the cab just connect him (mobile provided) for him to esculate it again.
philipp is offline   Reply With Quote