View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 10:46   #32
philipp
Inactive

Services: vivid 200. 3 tivos with all main channels.
philipp is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: What can cause this intermittent power level fault

More than a month on this is still happening. A tech blamed resegmentation and said we had to wait for that to finish.

Happened again after the reseg work was finished. Next tech came out, looked at cardy still happening to everyone, passed onto networks. Networks did come to the box and did some work (there was a road sign out while he was working normal techs don't do that round here). Don't know what we were only off for a couple of mins in that period of work.

The connection then went again a couple of days later, but I couldn't contact the same tech so I I thought we will wait for it to happen again. The connection was fine for 2 weeks until Friday. Saturday I phoned while the fault was occurring and they sent a tech today where the process of passing to networks is happening again. He said theres no point moving us in the cab as thats already been done.

Is it because its intermitent and at varying times of the day they can't find the fault?

I asked if they did variable attenuators to drive our signal right up at the cab, put an attenuator on so the power levels are in spec and when the fault occurs change the attenuator down. He said they don't do them and it may not work as the levels might be dropping to that level and not by that amount.
philipp is offline   Reply With Quote