View Single Post
Old 04-05-2016, 10:54   #47
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2016) Vol 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
Don't like to say this, but VM don't seem to bother about what customers want. All they want to push is +1 channels - BUT, these are repeat channels and hour later or less.

I spoke with a Sky rep today. And they plan to bring out a new sales gimmick to challenge for more VM subsribers .

They offered me a great deal today, but my wife said that she will think about it.

And for her to say that, there must be something wrong with VM. Could be the fact VM keep pushing up the price.

Enough is enough.

I heard that the TV show 'Kingdom' may be coming to VM. Is that the Kingdom, who is a solicitor ?
Although you say that, Arthur, you have been saying it for a long time now!

Virgin did make great strides in 2012 and they gave us a lot more channels than we had before at that time.

Virgin have admitted that they have been concentrating more on broadband of late and they will now concentrate more on content. There has been speculation that they may buy back UKTV.

However, what we will get in future is likely to be a combination of tv channels and on demand and streaming services. I am hopeful that we will be getting Amazon within the next 18 months. Kingdom can be found on demand right now.

As far as price rises go, all providers have to put up prices, and in fact the latest one was down to Sky, not Virgin. You must recognise that if Sky puts its prices up, Virgin have to pass them on, they will not provide channels to us at a loss.

Good luck with transferring to Sky. I believe that your experience last time you went over to the other side was less than satisfactory.

---------- Post added at 10:54 ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguero9320 View Post
I'm hoping regular channel activity comes in very soon. I am getting bored with the lack of new channels. I am hoping for all of the following channels:

Spike TV
5STAR +1
Nick Jr +1
QVC Beauty/Extra/Style
Hochanda/The Craft Channel
Rocks & Co
Food Network +1
Travel Channel +1
movies4men/movies4men +1
Sony Movies/Sony Movies +1
Sony Channel +1
Heart TV
Capital TV
True Crime/True Crime +1
TruTV/TruTV +1
YourTV/YourTV +1
Fox News
Talking Pictures TV
POP/POP +1/Kix/Kix +1/Tiny Pop +1
RT/RT HD
Sky Atlantic SD/+1/HD
Disney Channel HD
Disney Junior +/HD
Disney XD HD
Boomerang HD
AMC/AMC HD
Irish TV
Universal Channel HD
E! +1/HD

The list goes on...
And you would actually watch all those channels? Given that Virgin would have to put up prices to give us this long list, maybe you want to think again. No point in having channels for the sake of it.

It's not up to Virgin whether we get AMC or Sky Atlantic until such time as BT and Sky respectively decide that they are prepared to change their attitude towards allowing other platforms to carry those channels.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote