View Single Post
Old 19-10-2016, 20:54   #85
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze
Re: Worrying news for ESA claimants converting from DLA to PIP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Sorry to hear that the DWP put you through this.

Whilst it is believed that this new system is designed to put people off claiming, I would urge you to try for PIP as this is exactly the outcome that Cameron wanted when he introduced it.

Whilst it's true that a lot of claims are turned down and that the DWP rarely change their decision at the Mandatory Consideration stage, when it goes to the tribunal stage the success rate is very good when independent people become involved.

As a result, the scrapping of DLA is not producing the savings expected (people are less likely to get help with mobility, but more likely to receive care).

The Government intend to deal with this sucess rate by changing the system:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...unals-disabled
What they doing to try and redefine disability for immobile people is disgusting, easy for me to say I guess with me been included, but I can vouch for all the additional living costs that my disability has caused.

However I seriously cannot be bothered with it now, I would be very surprised to be awarded PIP on mobility.

It is not just the distances they changed, but also they now are able to "pretend" people have aids that they dont have and assume those aids can be used e.g. assuming someone can use a wheelchair and as a result disqualify them from claiming.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote