View Single Post
Old 09-02-2017, 14:19   #123
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Perhaps this might make things clearer...

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blo...-but-there-are

The President does not have unilateral powers, the other arms of the Government are there to provide checks and balance (just like the President does to them).
Hugh, I am well aware of the limits to Presidential powers but I will say it again, he is not doing what he wants just like that, what he plans to do will obviously have to go through Congress and he should know that by now and will have been advised of it, do you not think he will have a team of senior advisers around him with note books and clipboards?

He might be asking, can I do this, can I do that ? And they will be advising him of all sorts of things he can do legally and what he cannot do, he obviously has to act within the realms of the law and the Constitution, because he took an Oath to preserve, protect and defend it, working outside this and doing things illegally, will obviously get him impeached.

The Executive Order he signed to restrict access to the US for 90 days, went through legal hurdles before it was commenced, a Judge in Boston actually upheld his Order, yet two Court rulings have since suspended it. So one Judge thinks his order was in check but another two don't.

With a healthy Republican majority in both chambers of Congress, I don't think he will have an issue of getting things passed, where as Obama did, but I do accept not all Republicans are behind him and they could side with the Democrats on some of his other things he may want to get passed.

---------- Post added at 14:19 ---------- Previous post was at 14:14 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post

Even his Supreme Court nominee was uncomfortable with his comments about the Judge.
Yes, I know I read about it this morning but he has to get through his nomination, he has to be seen to have objective views, even against the President, and that he would have to publicly state he disagrees with Trump's remarks on the Judge(s), hence why this is news.