Thread: Phone upgrade ?
View Single Post
Old 24-10-2015, 21:14   #1
12noon
Inactive

Services: TiVo
12noon is just really nice12noon is just really nice12noon is just really nice12noon is just really nice12noon is just really nice12noon is just really nice
Phone upgrade ?

My contract should be up for renewal in November, but i got a call today offering an early upgrade. The call centre wouldn't give me much choice in the way of phones at all and just wanted to push the LG Spirit onto me. The woman just kept saying that i didn't qualify for any of the phones i wanted (LG G4 or HTC One M8S) so i told her i would stick with the phone i already have (Galaxy S4 Mini) for now.

How come i can go on the virgin mobile website and choose the LG G4 if i want to start a new contract. but i get offered nothing as an early upgrade ?

I'll wait now until the date my contract actually is due for renewal and if they don't let me have the phone i want, then i'm going to have to go somewhere else.

BTW i've had my current phone almost two years and i've been with Virgin for TV and such for years and i've never missed a payment.

---------- Post added at 21:14 ---------- Previous post was at 19:58 ----------

I know i'm replying to my own message, but i think i might have worked out my own problem...

Our Virgin account is in my wifes name and so are both our mobile phones. The phones are almost ready to upgrade, but Virgin now does freestyle contracts that are affectively loans and i would be ok with a credit check, but my wife probably wouldn't have the status for the check and anything other than a cheap phone would be declined.

If Virgin was in my name things would be good, but it could be that we are going to have to either stick with the phones we have or give up Virgin and go with another mobile company that i can put in my name.
12noon is offline   Reply With Quote