Thread: 350M Upgrading
View Single Post
Old 26-11-2017, 20:37   #20
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Upgrading

funnily enough just because you have got gigabit ports doesn't mean you can get gigabit speeds. I can remember years ago there was a Linksys router which sounded great on paper for the price. I can't remember which model it was but it had gigabit ports but the killer is that it could only do 90mbits wan to lan throughput. It caught loads of people out because this was when people were upgrading to the 100mbit and 120mbits new formed upper tiers. I used to be in the same position as Paul M and had no probs getting max speed when I was on 200mbits but I bought a new router earlier this year knowing that I would be going up to 300+. My new one (Asus AC68u) is good for something like 980mbits.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote