View Single Post
Old 18-11-2017, 13:55   #84
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Are VM frontline staff now discouraged from escalating customer issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Since Liberty Global took over VM, i've noticed that frontline staff seem very reluctant to escalate problems that they have been unable or unwilling to resolve at first contact level.

Has anyone experienced this? I'm beginning to wonder if LG are now somehow putting pressure on their staff not to escelate problems.

Examples are, some time ago, I had to raise a formal complaint when a CS person outright refused to do so (now sorted out).

The other day I was not happy with the amount offered for a total loss of TV & BB. The person I was speaking to tried to make out that her decision was final and nobody else could/would be able to help me, even when I pointed out that I could leave due to the forthcoming price rise.

It was only when I mentioned that one of her colleagues had recently been disciplined for doing exactly what she was attempting to do that she was able to do what she previously claimed was impossible/pointless.

Maybe it's just their bruised pride or ego at the suggestion that they've somehow failed that's causing this behaviour??

This news item posted by Mick does seem to suggest that CS is deteriorating since LG took over the company:

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/article/...t-virgin-media

Edit: On all occasions that I've experienced this, the staff were based in the UK. Anyone expecting any sense from the offshore call centre is on a hiding to nothing!
I asked our legal bods to take a look at this at the time in case I needed to take this further, which I won't need to do now that matters have been resolved to my satisfaction.

They've only just got back to me, so I thought I'd share this for the benefit of others.

From a legal point of view, the pro rata loss of service credit that the woman offered and tried to claim was a final decision was only a guideline.

She was doing her job correctly by following the normal policies and procedures of her employer. However, where she fell down was in failing to consider my request for a higher refund and in attempting to inhibit the complaints procedure by initially refusing my requests for the matter to be escelated.

The process will change once new Ofcom rules are in force regarding automatic compensation. These guidelines will be abolished and replaced by statutory (higher) amounts that should be paid automatically:

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom...paign=autocomp

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 18-11-2017 at 14:03. Reason: Added Ofcom link.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote