View Single Post
Old 17-08-2017, 17:16   #7
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Moto G5 roaming/network problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmm View Post
There's a problem with the Moto G5 and dual SIM. When the main connection is 3G or 4G it seems the second one is only 2G, so second one may not work in modern networks that are 4G only? See feedback on Amazon. Seems to work for me only having one SIM enabled at the time, hopefully this is a firmware issue not hardware, and can be fixed - apparently the older G3 and G4 dual sims worked as expected.
I believe that's the case with most if not all dual SIM phones, certainly all the ones we've had over the years. When one SIM slot is set to 4g or 3g the second SIM only functions on 2g. The removal of the 2g network is therefore going to be a problem for those of us who like the facility of having 2 SIMs the second of which we use for calls/texts. We have VM and 3 SIMs and the latter will only work when they're in the slot designated for 3g or 4g data. That's because 3 SIMs won't work at all on 2g.

Of course it's perfectly possible to change which SIM slot is used for data (i.e. 3g or 4g) so you can switch between the two, but if there's no 2g service then the other SIM will be effectively unusable.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote