View Single Post
Old 07-02-2017, 14:04   #35
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
I disagree.

MPs who voted against their constituents for Article 50 being triggered were respecting the Majority democratic result of the referendum, those who voted against that, stuck two fingers up at that majority result, they are undemocratic because they dissed the very thing that gave them their seat in the house.

Don't mention that racist MP Abbott who threw a sickie, she is an absolute disgrace along with her ex-lover Corbyn.
I get where you're coming from and I appreciate your viewpoint.
It's a no-win situation for some MPs - vote against the wishes of constituents who elected you (and may not re-elect you because of your voting decision) but vote for what the majority of the country voted for. And it's highlighted even more when an MP like Sarah Olney is elected on the platform of voting against Article 50.
I guess it's down to the electoral system in the UK being based around representing constituents. I do think Parliament needs reforming as it penalises smaller parties but as it works for Labour and the Conservatives I can't see it happening.