View Single Post
Old 03-02-2018, 17:00   #26
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor 26th August

Bigger hints coming that Floyd vs McGregor II will happen in the octagon.

Said I wouldn't defend it and I still won't, this is a far more dangerous prospect for Mayweather than it was for McGregor.

As previous posts state, Floyd has bad hands and would go in with a massive chance of breaking his hand very early on due to the 5oz glove set up. The difference between striking with open fisted 5oz gloves and standard boxing gloves isn't massive but it is different, he'd be able to cope with that easily, the problem is, defending is a whole lot different. Mayweather has the best guard in boxing with traditional gloves. 5oz gloves will mean he relies on head movement alone because McGregor can punch through or around that guard. The chance of being cut is way higher.

- How will he utilise footspeed when McGregor chops him to pieces with kicks?
- How will he defend sharp elbows?
- How will his gas tank hold up when McGregor takes him to the floor and sits on him.
- McGregor isn't going to gas against someone like Mayweather in the Octagon, he's going to be there for the full 5 rounds. He'll be able to fight at his natural weight without feeling the need to come in nearer 170lbs.
- The Risk to both reputation and livelihood. Is Mayweather really going to risk having his arm broken by an armbar/kimura that could damage his reputation and make sure he's permanently retired.

Could it be possible that Mayweather is actually not in this for McGregor and Dana has made a separate agreement, Mayweather vs CM Punk etc.

Mayweather is drumming up hype for something. A boxing match between him and McGregor was slightly far fetched but plausible. This is just insanity and way out there.