View Single Post
Old 09-04-2017, 17:09   #8
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age
Re: Someone's mobile phone keeps overiding my TiVo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
What happens is the sound goes off and the picture is replaced by the home screen of a phone. There's loads of icons like Google, what's app, and some in Polish which is why I think it's a pole that's doing it.

At the top it definitely said Samsung Galaxy as I've heard of these phones and noted it was the same manufacturer of my TV. I'll double check next time it happens to see if it says iPhone afterwards.

It's only happened twice over the year, but happened twice in a row the other night. Nothing ever happens after the home screen, which makes me think that they can't get what they want to do to work. Maybe it isn't casting after all??

I only use the TiVo to watch recordings (not sure if it's actually on the recording or not, I'll have to check next time it happens).

It's also a Smart TV that's connected to the WiFi too.

I'm reluctant to change the password as it's printed beneath the VM WiFi router, but will if I have to. My memory isn't what it was following a fall resulting in a mild brain injury.
Is your tv a samsung smart tv?
If so from what you're saying it seems like someone has paired their phone up to your tv and you are seeing their phone, go into your smart hub look for samsung cast or whatever it's called now it'll look like the icon on their google play app see here https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....samsung&hl=en remove all devices and set a pin that should stop it.
theone2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote