View Single Post
Old 06-04-2017, 01:43   #17
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: All change for Sky Sports channels & packages?

Quote:
Originally Posted by japitts View Post
Are you saying, they're looking at increasing the overall "full package" cost for those who want everything? Or just, more than what could be a mini-package? (Hope that make sense)

Fair enough about the Daily Mail link, it's an interesting prospect nonetheless. Of course, Sky are oft-criticised for not offering SS-F1 as a standalone channel so if they go this route, that would be fascinating.
AIUI it will work out more expensive for those who want everything​ ie more than the cost of taking everything now, but cheaper if you take less sports that you aren't interested in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Also, it's been revealed that Sky have been running confidential surveys mooting these changes to see what customers think of them.

Could this mean the closure of Sky Sports Mix?
Seems to link in with this article from February:

http://www.campaignlive.co.uk/articl...ake-up/1424940

I'm sure Muppetman originally shared this on the forum, but I could be wrong.

2 stories from 2 different sources not linking or referring to one another, about the same thing, suggests that changes are in deed coming.

I've also noticed that SKY are currently offering SKY Sports for 12 months at £18.00. This could be a lead into the channel shake up. At the end of 12 months, when the package is due to go to full price, it'll give SKY the chance to talk customers into keeping SKY Sports. I imagine something like this:

Customer: I'm calling to cancel SKY Sports. My 12 month £18.00 deal is coming to an end. I can't afford the full package price.

SKY: What is it you mainly watch? Is it our football coverage?

Customer: Pretty much but I do watch the odd bit of sport here and there.

SKY: Good news. Our new package structure means you can keep watching all the football you love on our 2 dedciated football channels at the same price you're currently paying. And don't forget SKY Sports Mix and SKY Sports News are included at no additional cost so you can continue to follow other sports too.[/QUOTE]

Could be.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote