View Single Post
Old 05-04-2017, 23:03   #16
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Re: All change for Sky Sports channels & packages?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Apparently:

- Cricket and golf will have their own dedicated channels in the same way as F1.

- Football to have two channels; one for Premier League and another for everything else.

- A cheaper sports package of about £18 per month to be introduced.

- At The Races to go HD and then be rebranded as Sky Sports Racing.

- Rugby will be bundled with other sports in a variety package.

- European club rugby rights expire in May 2018. It is not expected that Sky will retain them thereafter.

I heard this some time ago from a contact, but dismissed them as unfounded rumours, however, some of these 'rumours' have now appeared in the Daily Mail:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/gol...gby-rough.html
Also, it's been revealed that Sky have been running confidential surveys mooting these changes to see what customers think of them.

Could this mean the closure of Sky Sports Mix?[/QUOTE]

Seems to link in with this article from February:

http://www.campaignlive.co.uk/articl...ake-up/1424940

I'm sure Muppetman originally shared this on the forum, but I could be wrong.

2 stories from 2 different sources not linking or referring to one another, about the same thing, suggests that changes are in deed coming.

I've also noticed that SKY are currently offering SKY Sports for 12 months at £18.00. This could be a lead into the channel shake up. At the end of 12 months, when the package is due to go to full price, it'll give SKY the chance to talk customers into keeping SKY Sports. I imagine something like this:

Customer: I'm calling to cancel SKY Sports. My 12 month £18.00 deal is coming to an end. I can't afford the full package price.

SKY: What is it you mainly watch? Is it our football coverage?

Customer: Pretty much but I do watch the odd bit of sport here and there.

SKY: Good news. Our new package structure means you can keep watching all the football you love on our 2 dedciated football channels at the same price you're currently paying. And don't forget SKY Sports Mix and SKY Sports News are included at no additional cost so you can continue to follow other sports too.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote