View Single Post
Old 17-02-2016, 23:21   #41
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: One or two new channels coming to Freesat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw View Post
I suppose Dave still isn't on freesat?

I could see me dumping sky if they did that. Freeview is really bad here in Sandy (which is odd as I can see the transmitter out the window - well I could if I could see, oh you know what I mean )
Not yet, but as several UKTV channels have recently launched on Freesat, the omens are good.

They have never been clear about their reasons for not being FTA long before now. I suspect it's a combination of an exclusive carriage deal with Sky and lack of spot-beam capacity for UK broadcast and they will go FTA as soon as they can resolve those. They have expressed their intention to make Dave a mainstream entertainment channel and are spending money on original content. It would be odd for them not to be universally available across the UK if they are serious about that.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote