View Single Post
Old 16-10-2011, 18:23   #5378
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Choice View Post
I use those settings as well but get a “hiccup” around once a month when the padding overlap of back to back recording along with another recording means I have to decide to not watch live TV (this not being one of the channels being recorded), watch a channel being recorded (spoils the programme if still on), watch something else recorded, or leave the room/turn TV off!

Having a default padding is good IMHO for its primary purpose of providing a convenient approach to make sure you catch the whole of a planned programme when the actual schedule is not in exact alignment with the EPG schedule.

I have sympathy with those who want the actual settings for default padding to be user defined.

But the real short term issue is not eliminating 2 tuners having to be used for back to back recordings on the same channel. VM really should have done this as part of the default padding implementation to minimise the risk of clipping.

I would have gone further the removed padding across any channel for back to back recording which would use up 3 tuners but that is my view. Just getting it on the same channel would have been enough to make the chance of clipping so small to be insignificant.

A missed opportunity to get it right in my view along with user defined default padding. I hope VM will take note and “enhance” this feature in future updates.
Virgin Media have said in the event if a recording clash with the new default, it is the padding which will be clipped.