View Single Post
Old 30-04-2006, 23:28   #15
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 V6 running 360. 500mb BB, Phone line, mobile simm.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
Re: Domestic & General Insurance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsainsbury
Thanks Nidge - will look at D&G when we purchase white good in the future.

Anybody got an experience of "whateverhappens" insurance scheme - normally found when buying in Currys?
Yes, it is Curry's way of conning you into paying over the odds. now that more and more members of the public are coming to realise that extended warranties and insurance cover is a waste of money ( for 95% of the people that pay it ) Curry's new scheme is a monthly payment. On a typical £295 Hotpoint machine it is around £4.50 per month. Or a whacking £216 over the 2nd to 5th years of a machines life. So your machine has actually cost you £511.00

If it gives you peace of mind then go ahead and waste your money. If you do have any nouse you will put the £4.50 in any form of savings account. The chances are heavily weighted in your favour.

I have only been in the trade for 37 years, I and my colleagues all know that these contracts are the main source of income for the retail sheds, they make more money on these than selling you the appliance in the first place. Car insurance, a legal requirement, house, life, loss of earnings essential , domestic appliance cover, don't be daft people. If you know your legal rights any catastrophic failure would be covered by the sale of goods act. That protects you for between 5 and 6 years. Several of the major manufacturers have 5 year parts warranties on their appliances so even if the machine needed £300.00 worth of parts you would only pay the labour.

I have posted on this subject on this forum several times in the past, you cannot say you have not been warned.

---------- Post added at 22:28 ---------- Previous post was at 22:12 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronas
a brush faliure on the washing machine,

so we get what we pay for
A very common wear and tear fault, average cost to repair between £35 & £50, a lot less than £90.00.
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote