View Single Post
Old 02-09-2016, 16:21   #1518
downquark1
cf.mega poster

Services: Plusnet FFTC
downquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appeal
downquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appeal
Re: Post-Brexit Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaddy View Post
They could but it's not really to much to ask to expect people to tell the truth and perhaps draconian measures are in order to ensure our elected officials do that.

Speaking of complaining, something that made me feel quite sad was the most Googled uk search in the hours after the referendum was 'what is the EU', how can you vote with any confidence if you don't even remotely know what you're voting for, people say it's the democratic will of the people but that's not democracy to me, political scientists say that population need to actively participate rather than sleepwalk into the voting booth
This is often repeated but I've never seen any evidence that these just weren't the people who hadn't in-fact voted.

Furthermore even if you approximately know what the EU is, phrasing stupid questions to google is often a good way to get more information.
It may just have been all the journalists trying to plagiarise a sentence for the opening of their articles.