View Single Post
Old 12-02-2015, 12:08   #112
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: The future for linear TV channels

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
That's probably because all US Network shows (ABC, Fox etc.) are timed to run for a total of about 43 minutes.

US Cable shows (HBO, Showtime etc.) can run almost up to the full hour.

Given that UK TV starts all 'hour long' shows on the top of the hour, what choice do Sky or any other UK broadcaster have? And it's the add revenue that funds the show's purchase!
I'm not blaming Sky for that. My point is simply that streaming avoids this incredible waste of time.

I understand completely the issue about funding through advertisements. However, ITV are already having to reduce their reliance on ads and develop alternative revenue streams (eg through increased production sales, product placement, etc).
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote