View Single Post
Old 16-03-2017, 21:06   #2712
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Will Scotland Leave the UK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
As I said I think it's 50/50 if they'll go Independent but I also we have a better chance if we do it whilst their case is weak.

Maybe the Tories will get enough seats to prevent a SNP majority but with Corbyn being as useless as he is, and possibly even campaigning for a Yes vote, I think it won't help much.

I think May should have announced what you said though. The way she has done makes it easy for the Nats to spin it as the referendum being blocked.
The main advantage about delaying a referendum is that it reduces the chances of Corbyn being around to campaign for Scotland to remain, which would guarante a leave vote!

---------- Post added at 21:06 ---------- Previous post was at 21:04 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
London and the South East could make the argument they subsidise a lot of England. If we're going to start breaking up the country based on how much they contribute then Scotland isn't going to be the first to go by a long shot.
The sooner London gets independence and joins the EU the better! We'll all be earning £100k each, paying 5% tax and working 20 hours a week!
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote