View Single Post
Old 21-01-2017, 14:10   #78
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Please document any V6 issues here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Time will tell whether Virgin have rushed their new box out so wait 6 months and l will give you a blow by blow whether that has proven to be the case.
Now you are trying to put words in my mouth , I've never claimed the V6 has been rushed out quite the opposite it seems a nice hardware upgrade.

My point is some of the V6 early adopters are experiencing the teething problems that those early adopters of Sky Q and the Youview next gen UI did.

---------- Post added at 14:10 ---------- Previous post was at 14:00 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I think it's documented that the V6 was due to be released at the turn of this year whilst Sky Q's launch was brought forward from Summer 2016 to February 2016 in response to BT's 4K box launching back in August 2015.
Whether the V6 launched on its scheduled date has fewer, more or about the same number of bugs as Sky Q launched in advance of its original scheduled release date I can't say.
Why would that make a difference UHD football only launched in August 16 anyway. The Telegraph talked about Sky Q as early as July 15 and speculated then an announcement could come within weeks.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/n...t-top-box.html

As for problems as I've said the V6 seems a good box my point was teething problems are to be expected with all new technology. Both boxes are a huge upgrade and now offer true multiroom flexibility.

Last edited by muppetman11; 21-01-2017 at 14:48.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote