Thread: TiVo
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 14:39   #43
ShadowTD
Inactive

Services: 200Mb & SH2ac
ShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tivo

I'd point out that when V+ was released, there was a fairly large pent up demand - Sky+ had been around for ages and VM took their sweet time to roll the late-to-the-party TV Drive out to everyone. They need to be careful to not over-price this admittedly shiny bit of kit, especially when you'll never actually own it.

I'd say £149 upfront, plus (max!) a tenner a month. Anything more, and they've lost the plot with the perceived value of the thing. Unless there's no additional monthly fee in which case I'd quite happily go to the £299 mentioned above. This would be pretty surprising given TiVO's usual business model, but I'll freely admit that's gone out of the window now!