View Single Post
Old 13-03-2015, 11:03   #5592
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Netflix UK have one season each of the above. They are also available via other Netflix regions, which may have more seasons
Cheers PB. Annoyingly, Netflix only have series 4 of Spirial (there are 5) and the first for Braquo. I have not checked any of the other Netflix regions yet. I probably should, it might help me finally make a decision on joining them. .

---------- Post added at 10:48 ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
The Amazon service provides 2 viewing methods rolled into 1 service. For your £5.99 per month you get access to a large selection of movies and TV content such as Vikings, Turn, Black Sails, The Borgia, Extant etc... It's a solid collection of TV and film, which I personally prefer to Netflix.

They also offer over the top content such as Game of Thrones, Boardwalk Empire, Banshee and the latest movies but it'll cost you £1.89 per episode or £4.49 per movie. Personally I don't go anywhere near this part of the service and deliberately set a random pin number, which I can't remember, stopping me from ever using the service.

If Netflix and Blinkbox had a baby, it would be Amazon Instant video

30 free day trial might be worth trying:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/video/pri...%7C%7Ckword%7C
The trouble is Chad, all the TV stuff I want to watch is pretty much chargable. There is a great deal of choice on there, but the for me, the free film choices are not the greatest and the ones I would choose to watch are the chargable ones.

Pure profiteering on their part, as I pointed out to them in the e-mail I sent them.

---------- Post added at 11:03 ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l think a lot of people once their contracts end will be bartering for a better deal from their providers MM and if they don't get them then both of them will lose quite a few customers in my opinion.
Yup, I think all TV companies will continue to fleece the people who let apathy stop them getting a better deal. My TV deal is up in May, and I will be getting a better deal from VM or I will pester my new landlord for a Sky dish and get a decent deal from them!

In fairness to OB, it will be interesting to see what Sky, VM, et al all do to counter act the rise of the streaming services. I imagine they will fight for a lot more boxsets and bundle them "free" with the packages. I am happy to be thought an idiot, but I would have thought Sky could quite easily get first refusal/exclusivity from Fox for their boxsets if things ever got that bad. Also, if they have helped fund other channels in the past, surely they will be put immense pressure on those companies for boxsets.

Sky, VM et al will not be going away for many a long year in my eyes.
harry_hitch is offline   Reply With Quote