View Single Post
Old 12-03-2015, 22:22   #5585
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Got to agree. I only have SKY due to a good retention deal last month when my contract expired. We where fully prepared to jack it in last month and go with a combination of Freeview, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video and NOW TV as an alternative. We're lucky to have all 3 apps built into our Smart TV.

You can get all 3 services for less than £17 per month if you shop around. £5.99 for Netflix, £5.99 for Amazon and NOW TV for as little as £5.00 per month if you buy their 5 month pass from Argos for £25.00.

What I like is the idea of being able to effectively eliminate your monthly TV bill entirely, if you can afford a 1 off splurge. A one off £79.00 payment gives you Amazon Instant video for a full 12 months plus a years worth of NOW TV passes can be picked up for £60.00. That's £139.00 up front for 12 months of great TV, subscription free!

I know I'm beginning to sound like Money Super Market but it's worth people considering, especially if conventional TV is becoming too expensive.
Correct if I am wrong Chad, but don't you still have to pay for a number of shows on Amazon, even if you are a prime member? Surely that is going to hike your monthly costs up.

I would, primarily, like to watch Spiral from the beginning and Braquo from season 2, but if I understand how Amazon works correctly, I would have to pay a small fortune just to catch up with those shows alone.

I really hope you prove me wrong as I am very fortunate to have a very decent deal with VM, and an Amazon video account would be most welcome alongside netflix and my current deal.
harry_hitch is offline   Reply With Quote