View Single Post
Old 12-03-2015, 22:02   #5583
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Not been released however I've seen it on DS forums and noticed on the Sky website that they'll increase in June.

Both Sky and VM are getting way too expensive in my opinion.
Got to agree. I only have SKY due to a good retention deal last month when my contract expired. We where fully prepared to jack it in last month and go with a combination of Freeview, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video and NOW TV as an alternative. We're lucky to have all 3 apps built into our Smart TV.

You can get all 3 services for less than £17 per month if you shop around. £5.99 for Netflix, £5.99 for Amazon and NOW TV for as little as £5.00 per month if you buy their 5 month pass from Argos for £25.00.

What I like is the idea of being able to effectively eliminate your monthly TV bill entirely, if you can afford a 1 off splurge. A one off £79.00 payment gives you Amazon Instant video for a full 12 months plus a years worth of NOW TV passes can be picked up for £60.00. That's £139.00 up front for 12 months of great TV, subscription free!

I know I'm beginning to sound like Money Super Market but it's worth people considering, especially if conventional TV is becoming too expensive.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote