View Single Post
Old 19-03-2017, 13:01   #35
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age
Re: Ch5's Gadget Show to Review the TiVo V6 next week(17th March)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
As an ex sky subscriber (17 years) who has recently switched to v6:-

There are far more errors reported on SkyQ.

Well used features from skyHD were omitted from SkyQ software (much to chagrin of many users)

Errors are minor on V6 when compared to those on SkyQ.

Virgin seem a bit more open with regard to admitting errors exist than sky (who often deny any such problem is known to them, do not pre-advise what problems are to be fixed in upcoming releases - or when release is happening)

Without doubt both systems are an Improvement when they work.
Kind of think i may of dodged a bullet with SKYQ at time i went back to SKY as offer was for 2tb SKYQ box however housing association were being awkward and wouldn't let SKY upgrade the system even though SKY were happy to do it for free lol so ended up with sky+hd box i bought from cash converters, sky were good enough to allow me to still keep my offer and said just check back when contract ends for skyq.
It will be interesting next year when SKY launch SKYQ online with their online tv service.
theone2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote