View Single Post
Old 09-03-2017, 21:08   #472
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
If you want to willingly surrender your National Sovereignty to a Federal States of Europe, which means progressively surrendering Laws, Taxes and Borders to people who are not directly elected, then you could be correct, although wasn't there some issue with getting the books signed off?

But I don't want to be ruled by unelected people and lose British control of Laws, Taxes and Borders. I don't think you will find many UK citizens that do.

It seems to me that you're happy to trade our Sovereignty. I'm not.

And What has Trump got to do with it? He was democratically elected, more than can be said for the EU leaders. Here's an anti Trump news outlet saying that it is legal to appoint his son in law.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/21/u...ment.html?_r=0
The debate has moved on. Others are trying to drag us back to mid-June 2016's debate which is unproductive.
The debate now is for free trade or not free trade.

---------- Post added at 20:06 ---------- Previous post was at 20:04 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Imperative in my view.
Imperative if we want a break-up of the UK. I don't, but I accept some see it as an acceptable price to pay.

---------- Post added at 20:08 ---------- Previous post was at 20:06 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaddy View Post
Not entirely true about being unelected, same as the accounts not being signed of since 1926 or whenever isn't really true, still explaining it properly doesn't make for those short, snappy headlines we so enjoy that don't stretch our attention spans for to long so we can get back to important stuff like Facebook or cats on slides.
lol, nailed it perfectly!