View Single Post
Old 09-03-2017, 19:03   #467
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post

But compared to countries like the US which employs the President's son-in-law the EU is a shining beacon of democracy.

If you want to willingly surrender your National Sovereignty to a Federal States of Europe, which means progressively surrendering Laws, Taxes and Borders to people who are not directly elected, then you could be correct, although wasn't there some issue with getting the books signed off?

But I don't want to be ruled by unelected people and lose British control of Laws, Taxes and Borders. I don't think you will find many UK citizens that do.

It seems to me that you're happy to trade our Sovereignty. I'm not.

And What has Trump got to do with it? He was democratically elected, more than can be said for the EU leaders. Here's an anti Trump news outlet saying that it is legal to appoint his son in law.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/21/u...ment.html?_r=0