View Single Post
Old 26-09-2017, 18:35   #442
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
Re: Government & Post Election Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
The previous Labour government are unrecognisable compared with the current crop. The policies of New Labour were certainly not left-wing.

Blaming Labour for the lack of regulatory oversight of the banking system is bizarre. They didn't engage in mass deregulation, that would've been the previous Conservative administrations. They erred with the creation of the FSA, they did not hold a regulatory bonfire.

I would remind that the Conservative government was offering to match Labour's spending while in opposition.

It's bizarre that, over 7 years since Labour left office, the UK's debt to GDP ratio is still rising and Labour are still being blamed. Our GDP per capita is 20%, TWENTY PERCENT, lower than at peak in 2007. Since 2010 it's gone up by less than 1/3rd of a percent according to the most easily available stats.

I was certainly on Labour's case over their apparent profligacy... then I stopped listening to people like Dan Hannan and thought for myself instead.

This is more for the rest of the audience, of course, the quoted poster apparently having everyone who doesn't agree with them on ignore. Always a strong way to expose lying hypocrites, avoiding dissenting points of view. Suggests more an inability to back up opinions and a mind closed by intense confirmation bias.
It is likely that when the botched Brexit plays out, the combination of years of Tory austerity combined with a totally preventable "bonus" Brexit poverty will usher in a Corbyn administration.

I cannot stand Corbyn but if this happens, and there is a strong likelihood that it will, I await the font size change of the aforementioned quoted poster's forum signature

Seriously, if/when Labour gets into power due to Brexit, the irony of what Dave's domino effect started will be plain for all to see ..