View Single Post
Old 26-09-2017, 10:34   #437
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Government & Post Election Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Correct. Some folks have short memories and/or a refusal to accept the facts of Labour's previous when it comes to damaging UK PLC with their flawed economic policy and the lack of regulatory oversight of the banking system (which Brown was heavily reliant on to provide the money he was spending like confetti). They whine about out of control spending since then but never want to talk about the amount of money successive governments have been having to shell out just to pay for Labour's profligacy and Brown's 'prudence' when they were in office.
The previous Labour government are unrecognisable compared with the current crop. The policies of New Labour were certainly not left-wing.

Blaming Labour for the lack of regulatory oversight of the banking system is bizarre. They didn't engage in mass deregulation, that would've been the previous Conservative administrations. They erred with the creation of the FSA, they did not hold a regulatory bonfire.

I would remind that the Conservative government was offering to match Labour's spending while in opposition.

It's bizarre that, over 7 years since Labour left office, the UK's debt to GDP ratio is still rising and Labour are still being blamed. Our GDP per capita is 20%, TWENTY PERCENT, lower than at peak in 2007. Since 2010 it's gone up by less than 1/3rd of a percent according to the most easily available stats.

I was certainly on Labour's case over their apparent profligacy... then I stopped listening to people like Dan Hannan and thought for myself instead.

This is more for the rest of the audience, of course, the quoted poster apparently having everyone who doesn't agree with them on ignore. Always a strong way to expose lying hypocrites, avoiding dissenting points of view. Suggests more an inability to back up opinions and a mind closed by intense confirmation bias.