View Single Post
Old 09-03-2017, 11:54   #461
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I agree. By leaving the EU, we're throwing out the baby with the bath water. It's not just a simple loss of prosperity for five years, it's a long-term reduction in global influence and prosperity due to a smaller number of markets to sell our services in. The EU has been the most successful trading bloc for making trading deals with other countries; overall it's not held us back in making deals. Yes, the UK will survive but we won't be such an important player or as prosperous as if we had remained in the EU.
That's a blinkered way of putting it. The EU is failing Andrew, it consists of countries that are not paying their fair share, some of them have required bail out after bail out and it was being said Greece is looking like it will require yet another.

It is not sustainable and the trading block is not worth being part of when it cripples those countries who should be able to trade with who they like, when they like, sorry but I don't want to be part of a corrupted system that dictates like that so I'm glad we leaving that nonsense and we can do what the hell we like, instead of being told what to do by unelected set of pricks.