View Single Post
Old 08-01-2017, 19:40   #48
RizzyKing

Re: Crisis in the NHS

Health tourisim isn't regarded by most in the NHS as a major problem because overall it isn't it occurs in small clusters that have a devastating impact at a local level in my town there are few if any health tourists using our local NHS services. Go twenty miles up the road to Leicester and it's a very real problem and creates many many problems not just in terms of treatment costs but the number of staff that have quit in the last five years because they are fed up of having a family gang berate them and physically intimidate them, I've seen it personally many times and have seen looks of fear on the faces of staff.

Of course it isn't the whole cause of the problem but it is one i also agree that we need to drastically alter things in relation to alcohol which is a growing cost to the NHS as well as to society in general and I'd like a government to take a tobacco level stance in relation to alcohol. Something like the NHS never has a single cause for it's problems but we have to start accepting them all and dealing with them rather then the way things have happened in the past where everyone argues over which is the bigger problem and never addresses any of them.