View Single Post
Old 27-05-2017, 21:36   #13
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Re: Selling car with faulty gearbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
The current place I am looking at is a mainstream dealer with many places. An official Ford reseller. So I am not worried about something that dodgy but getting done over on the price.

I am going to pay in one full go so they can't screw me on the payments.

Is sticker price something I can get reduced or is that less common than I think?
Still be careful though, the Ford main dealer near me are a bunch of shysters (notorious in these parts) so it's worth being wary of all. If you see something then make sure you check how much MOT is on it and when they give you the warranty that it's actually for the car you've bought and not a lower spec model for example.

If you're paying cash then there should be some room for manoeuvre with the price depending on how high or low it is already. Best time to go used to be when the new registrations were coming up as main dealers would be desperate to make space on their used lots. Not sure that makes so much of a difference now though.
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote