Thread: Superhub +11dBmV DS - Power level(s)
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 15:41   #9
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Re: +11dBmV DS - Power level(s)

Those levels are fine going back to the original question, so long as it's working it's all cool.

---------- Post added at 14:39 ---------- Previous post was at 14:36 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
So, what I say holds. Your downstream power may be causing crosstalk and there's possibly an upstream impairment (maybe at the optical node) to make matters worse.
Downstream power causing crosstalk?

Please explain, you've my attention!

As a reminder the DOCSIS 3 modems digitally sample a big band and extract channels from there so if you're thinking of the isolation between channels being overpowered it's not going to happen, moreover the isolation between frequencies on standard modems must be sufficient to handle the DOCSIS specifications.

---------- Post added at 14:41 ---------- Previous post was at 14:39 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
That's what I said - JB. I said "perhaps from 29 dB attenuation down to 22 dB". Whether that's up a tap or down a tap depends on the box layout!
He's talking about a line distribution architecture where each home's drop is tapped off a line running along the pavement, rather than there being a collection of taps to choose from in a street cabinet. Every so often on the coaxial line running along the pavement there will be a tap serving a few premises with a line extender at some point when power budget requires it.

This is done by network techs, moving a customer's drop from one tap to another in a cabinet is easily doable by service.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote