View Single Post
Old 24-07-2017, 08:07   #10
videodj
cf.addict

Services: Vivid 300Mb, Tivo V6, Tivo (Full House TV)
videodj will become famous soon enoughvideodj will become famous soon enoughvideodj will become famous soon enough
Re: How do i watch and turn over tivo box in different room without multi room packag

HDCP was a problem for me, because my second TV was only 1.4 (As I was going through my AV Receiver). I got a device that converts from 2.2 to 1.4 which did the job, you'll also need a splitter. If you main is 4K, and the second TV is 1080p, then both screens will only show 1080p, the only way round this is to use a downscaler, which can be expensive. If your not using an AV Receiver or 4k/hdcp 2.2 TV it shouldn't be a problem.

Splitters

This one works based on the edid of the TV that is on/connected, so you could use the switch on it, if you wanted 4k.

A cheaper option is this one

Or you could use a manual switch like this one this acts a passthrough, but you can only watch one TV at a time, this should resolve any hdcp issues, as it will only see one TV at a time.

I have all of these devices, as my system is fairly complex and I've spent alot of time getting it to work correctly.

HDMI over cat6 is another interesting topic.

I used these to extend my hdmi 10m, they worked fine until I added the AV Receiver, and also include the ir so the remote can be used.

However, I needed something more reliable, that worked with 4k, and an AV Receiver, so I ended up going with a HDBaseT option, which stopped the cutting out issues I was getting.

Note, for both of these I was using a straight through cable, and have not tried these through wall plates, as I don't currently have any installed, but from what I have read, wall plates could be an issue for hdmi extenders.

Last edited by videodj; 24-07-2017 at 08:14.
videodj is offline   Reply With Quote