View Single Post
Old 16-10-2011, 12:41   #165
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Re: BoxNation on Virgin Media?

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
So where is Premier Sports a channel what carries numerous sports ?
Exactly the same question I've been asking for 16 months.

I suppose the problem with Premier Sports is whilst it carries plenty of sports, it doesn't really have too many crown jewels. They admit themselves on their website "Premier Sports was formed in 2010 to primarily facilitate the broadcasting of sports events that have been ignored by other broadcasters but have a very strong core following. Currently we focus on Blue Square Conference Football.....".

Premier Sports announced on Facebook in April 2011 that the company had failed to attract enough viewers to its Conference football broadcasts to share any revenue with the clubs beyond the £5,000 broadcast fee paid to home clubs and £1,000 to away clubs. "It is a shame the number did not reach the point where revenue sharing became an option," said a Premier Sports spokesperson on its Facebook discussion board.

So are Premier Sports just deluding themselves? The Blue Square deal was one of their first however clearly they over estimated how much of strong core following the competition has. There is a reason why other broadcasters are ignoring these competitions, they just aren't mainstream enough. If they aren't already on SKY Sports, ESPN, ESPN America, Eurosport, BBC, ITV and Channel 5 there will be a pretty good reason.

Blue Square Conference, Swedish Speedway, Cage Warriors, Brisca F1, NRL are sports that fans of those particular competitions will watch but don't have mass appeal. Premier Sports really need something like UFC, NFL or the Europa League to be considered main stream.

Box Nation on the other hand will be showing the best boxing action, featuring the biggest names in the sport, from the UK and world wide. No other channel in the UK, including SKY Sports, will be showing the same amount of live shows as Box Nation. Box Nation will be showcasing the best action and talent each and every week. So unlike Premier Sports, Box Nation will be the clear leader in the content it broadcasts.

I think the problem for Premier Sports and Box Nation is the Virgin model doesn't suit their needs. I would however really like someone from either Virgin or Box Nation to come out and clarify what is happening. If no deal can be done, tell us.

---------- Post added at 12:41 ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dempseyjack View Post
no dissrespect but i hope your wrong , did anyone see the b-hop fight , what happened ?
It was crazy. In round 2 Hopkins leaned on Dawson. Dawson kind of shoved / shrugged Hopkins off and Hopkins landed on his back. Hopkins was rolling around on the floor holding his shoulder. The fight got called off. The fans, and Chad Dawson were furious. The referee however decided no foul had taken place, it was a TKO. Dawson picked up the win and becomes new WBC and Ring Magazine champion.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote