View Single Post
Old 16-10-2011, 08:44   #157
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
Re: BoxNation on Virgin Media?

I think well promoted free to air fights have more of an "event" feel about them which artificially bumps the audience figures. People can dip in and out of formula one, for example, which I assume suffers the time shift factor for some of the races in Asia etc. Also, the football matches you mentioned were both televised simultaneously on pay tv stations, and so the actual viewing figures are probably greater than those you've posted. Wimbledon is part of British tradition-no broadcaster puts the same sort of effort into the other majors.

I agree that boxing is no "minority" sport, especially compared with tennis, but I don't think it has the majority appeal, especially over a period of time-like a season of motor racing or football, that will ever see it considered as anything other than "niche" by virgin.
andy_m is offline   Reply With Quote