View Single Post
Old 05-07-2017, 08:48   #27
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Not driving to work could save £1,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
Public transport can never work. Cost of tickets has nothing to do with it. Whatever routes there could be, are fixed and torturous You could never get from where you need to, to where you need to go to, in one simple journey and in a reasonable time. Eg 5 miles in more than 45mins.
Yes, but this is due to poor design. Routes in some places are tortuous and slow because it would be unprofitable to serve those places off the main route with a dedicated service.

Here in Reading, we do have a good bus service, and the meandering routes tend to be the non primary services. The primary routes are geared to getting people into town quickly. The new mass transit system now being developed, with bus priority and park & ride schemes will reduce the travelling times still further, encouraging more motorists to leave tneir cars outside of the town centres.

The problems with bus travel that people are raising on here are the result of the lack of proper public transport co-ordination and lack of investment. The fact that we have problems now with circuitous routes, buses not going where you want them to go and being a slow means of transport are all reasons why the whole system needs to change.

As for bicycles, they are a pain for motorists, but I can see why some like to use them - I had a racing bike myself when I was younger and travelled quite long distances. However, bicycles and motor vehicles really do not mix, and should be kept separate from vehicular traffic wherever possible.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote