View Single Post
Old 04-05-2017, 16:24   #11
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age
Re: Why so few Live TV options ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye View Post
Most of what you say is the point I was trying to make, if you control what you put on the device you're far less likely to fall foul or the shysters and criminals trying to profit from Kodi.
I would reiterate my point about not installing 3rd party builds, wizards and repo's though, I've seen all sorts of shenanigans go on from these over the past 4 or so years, even from places and people I'd thought relatively trustworthy.
I'm amazed a major virus or malware hasn't been released through 3rd party addons/repo's yet but think its only a matter of time until one is.

I think I probably use many of the same legit addons you do but I find myself using them less these days, hooking my ATV 4 into my VPN or using Windows apps is proving a lot more reliable than the Kodi addons which do break from time to time and these methods offer more content than is available via Kodi, which brings us back to the main point of this thread,
its a shame services like the US get aren't by and large available here.

(I'll gloss over the RD comment, I think we may be getting into the realms of breaking forum rules talking much further about it, but that is a service I recommend to the few friends and family I offer "support" to who insist on relying on Kodi)
I agree fully about the windows apps i myself use my vpn and various ustv windows apps i'm lucky enough to have a friend in the US who has given me a login to her directv.
In honesty between my pc and roku i find i'm using my android box less and less, even movies now i can get cheaply via vudu who also offer free movies with adverts.
I agree too that it is a shame US type services aren't available here but hopefully this will change in time.
theone2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote