View Single Post
Old 31-08-2010, 22:53   #63
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: TalkTalk tracking you, phorm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Jones View Post
The discussion seems to be descending into personal attacks which is regrettable. Surely an intelligent person doesn't need to resort to that sort of thing? Wouldn't it be better for us all to stick to the topic rather than go for the person? It looks like the useful part of this thread is over.
Quite amusing seeing a "taking the moral high ground" stance from someone who posted on another forum on July 24th
Quote:
Title: Re: TalkTalk alleged to be profiling customers - confirmed
Post by: RobertJ on July 24, 2010, 08:28:16 AM
I suggest we refer to this program as

STalkers

or possibly

STalkTalkers
and on the 26th
Quote:
Post by: RobertJ on July 26, 2010, 01:04:14 PM
I've been checking logs and arranging for one TT member to visit my site. No sign of followers so far. But then maybe they already white/black listed me? I ws rather hoping to be able to lure them into some honeypot bot traps by arranging for a TT member to visit the traps and get themselves banned from my site then hope that the TT bots would follow.

I see StalkStalk has taken off as a nickname. When do my royalties start arriving? ;D ;D

If anyone can tell me what I need to do to "protect" my site, and also to let Charles Dunstone know about my charges, do send me a PM.
Looks like entrapment to me....

Quote:
Post by: RobertJ on July 26, 2010, 03:37:00 PM
So far I have decided to ban the entire range of IP addresses for that set of Radius servers which gives me an .htaccess statement
deny from 62.24.128.0/17

(I'm assuming that does not include any TalkTalk ordinary customers)

I've also sent an email to the Opal Telecom email address given in the WHOIS information for that range.

Anyone got any ideas for more interesting things to do with them? Nice sticky places they could be redirected to that might tie them up for a while?

If there was some sort of co-ordinated redirection to a key single TalkTalk location, that made things slow down a bit... no - musn't - that's illegal - inciting a DDoS attack. Sorry.

Or a bit of clever stuff that generated an complaint email to a key TalkTalkexecutive, every time a visit from one of those IPs was registered...? No sorry, that's naughty too.
Or even worse......
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote