View Single Post
Old 14-08-2007, 18:58   #100
Shan42
Inactive

Shan42 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

I have had three TV boxes, twice i went without services for two weeks as they forgot to update the box after the engineer had called so they claimed it took two weeks to get the services on again!! whatever!

On Demand services was inactive for six weeks, wouldn't update, before that it would only update so many programs and miss others e.g the last episode of a series!! how annoying to miss the last one!!

Even now it still doesn't work properly, i rang only last week to say once again they had missed off episodes, so its rendered useless as you cant miss an episode for fear it wont be on the next day, pointless service!

Internet often slows or stops for periods of time where they have no explanation, in fact you you do ring, take the chance of becoming bankrupt! your service miraculously starts up again once they know who you are!! strange!! these calls are now 25p a minute! as if im going to ring them anymore! they are at fault if something happens so why charge us! especially as they clearly do something to get people to ring in the first place!

Tv Choice was payperview for most programs so they decided to charge £5 a month and all programs were free to watch, firstly i wasn't informed of the charge and they just slapped it on my bill which i had to pay despite the fact i hadn't used the service!! there was no letter, no notification just appeared from nowhere.

TV Choice again is now charged at £5 a month yet the programs worth watching you still have to pay for as there is now a payperview section which all the fantastic programs are in eg, Greys Anatomy, Lost, Nip Tuck! or at least will be eventually.

We were promised they would replace Sky channels with other ones to compensate, haven't seen any yet! and we would eventually be able to view Lost and Nip Tuck which we lost on Sky One, again hasn't materialised, Nip Tuck goes up to the episode just before losing Sky. Greys Anatomy is shown, the first Series, mmm i think we have seen that one seen as we are on the 3rd!!

Recently tactics are being used to get people to upgrade by giving people with L and M packages new channels to watch, what they don't tell you is that these are only promo channels and will only be shown for about six weeks then you will lose them and only be able to receive them on XL package, these channels usually appear just before a new hit series starts, like Dexter on FX, so any new channels that appear are not worth watching as they will eventually be lost, they should be giving us channels not teasing us with them, they don't have enough respect for us to just let go of that one!!

The call centers are no longer worth ringing as i can no longer understand anyone i speak to and often find they answer with no connection to my question, my guess - scripts! now what the hell are you supposed to do if you have a problem and they just cant understand what your on about!

Call center staff have no concept of what channels are available on Virgin, UK or India, if a channel is faulty or a program is missing out of On Demand they have no idea what channel you are on about or what program, does this mean Virgin staff don't have Virgin!!

My bills every month are over charged, i am supposed to be on the 3 for £30, i have had bills in the region of £80, £70, £60, £50, but yet to get one for £30! marvelous so every month i have to ring up and inform them that i have been charge for services i don't use and yet again i have been charged two or three times for the same services, all i can say is a good job i look at my bills or i wouldn't know how much they are taking out each month, i think thats the idea!! i guess they will stop eventually once they know i look but some of you don't!!

And it goes on, so yeah, good for you Virgin, great job!!!! you must be really proud!!
Shan42 is offline   Reply With Quote