View Single Post
Old 13-01-2017, 18:07   #1085
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
Re: The future for linear TV channels

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Of course, PB, but I was referring to an on demand HBO site like Netflix.

Clearly, the existing contractual arrangements with Sky need to be honoured, but 2020 is only 3 years away, and my guess is they will be designing their site now in order to be ready by then.

Incidentally, there's nothing to stop them from creating a site right now and offering their content on a pay per view basis, as far as I know.

John Malone seems to have the right idea. I wonder when the acquisition of Startz and Lionsgate will start to benefit VM and LG subscribers?

http://www.digitaltveurope.net/64841...s-will-be-key/

You will never have a HBO streaming site whist HBO have a deal with Sky. I expect an announcement of a renewed Sky/HBO deal significantly prior to 2020.

Who want's PPV for HBO type content? Not many I suspect; it works out way more expensive than a subscription streaming service.
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote