View Single Post
Old 20-09-2017, 08:56   #19
Lee
cf.addict

Lee is on a distinguished roadLee is on a distinguished road
Re: RT-N66u not capable of 300mbps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtho782 View Post
Sometimes even after you turn things off you need to reboot several times. I had a nightmare getting FA to turn on on mine, and since it did have barely dared touch anything (although I only use it as an AP now not a router).

Some info here:
https://routerguide.net/nat-acceleration-on-or-off/

There is a page that shows you what is enabled, on mine it's here:

https://imgur.com/C1YQrLu

Both CTF and FA are needed, without either you won't get more than about 80mbit, CTF will get you to around 200, you need both for more.
Thanks for this. On my router for NAT acceleration I only have Enable or Disable... maybe due to a different firmware. It also doesn't show the message you have in yellow.

I can only assume that somehow FA isn't enabled (even though it says it is).

Will try a full factory reset later this morning and see if that helps.

---------- Post added at 08:49 ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
Where is Hw acceleration in the Rt-N66U?
LAN - SWITCH CONTROL page.

---------- Post added at 08:56 ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughbeast View Post
I currently get a max of 333Mb down speed through my RT N66U. (Ethernet) This is the Max allowing for overheads in my SH3 Config file. I have no reason to believe that when VM boost me to 350Mb that I wont get 360Mb or more.

Check that your firmware is up to date and that all your ports and switches are capable of gigabit speeds and that any connecting cable is Cat5e or better.

I also get over 300Mb using WiFi in the same room as my N66U.

Ethernet, but with 3 other users currently on line in the house.
Well this proves it must be possible then.

My firmware is not the latest, as from what I've read over on the smallnetbuilder forums, the older firmware level is better. There is a guy called john who maintains this version with the latest updates.

Quote:
This is an LTS (Long Term Service) fork of Asuswrt-Merlin based on 374.43_2. This older code base has a history of being very stable, and some of the older code components may perform better in some environments. It may be a good choice for those who desire a 'set it and forget it' router solution

I do have a gigabit switch inbetween my pc and the router, but I have no problem transferring to my NAS at 110MB/s which is max gigabit speed so I don't think that's the issue.

If the factory reset doesn't help I may as well try the newest firmware I guess and see if that helps.
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote