View Single Post
Old 23-11-2015, 03:15   #2839
davidthornton
Inactive

davidthornton is just really nicedavidthornton is just really nicedavidthornton is just really nicedavidthornton is just really nicedavidthornton is just really nicedavidthornton is just really nice
Re: General Sky TV Discussion

I had three VM TiVo's from launch date and one of the reasons I got rid of them after a couple of years was because the promised multi room streaming never worked sufficiently well. There were too many recordings that had Rights issues so MRS was disabled. I also found the MRS interface at the time cumbersome with too many menus and sub menus to navigate. Finally having three STB's with three hard drives generating heat and noise and taking up space became less attractive.

How will Sky solve the MRS rights issues if VM weren't able?

I can see sense in all recordings being on one central STB as with Sky Q. I also hope that Sky make apps available for Roku and Apple TV 4th Generation allowing access to the Sky Q recordings on the STB rather than requiring use of their Sky Q Mini device. It's a shame Sky also haven't released an HDMI stick so no need to site a mini STB next to a tertiary television at all. However my suspicion based on knowing Sky's M-O is they will lock it down to their own Sky Q Mini devices, attempting to keep competing hardware devices away from the eyeballs of consumers (most people don't want umpteen devices connected to their tertiary TV's these days).

I wonder if it'll be possible to site a Sky Q Mini abroad and a Sky Q Silver box back in the UK, set up a site to site VPN and link the two.
davidthornton is offline   Reply With Quote