View Single Post
Old 29-08-2017, 14:16   #7441
Rob King
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media Ultimate Package with M600 Broadband , 360 Box owner , Volt Mobile, + Virgin Home Phon
Rob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enough
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblegun View Post
Total BS put out by Richard Scudamore trying to talk up the price of his league's football rights!

Amazon picked up the ATP rights for around £10million?
About the same as 2 premier league games?

The English premier league rights have already gone beyond crazy money in the UK. No company with any sense would bid the kind of money that Sky paid last time!
How would amazon recoup more than £1.7Bn and make a profit in the UK?

They currently have roughly 8 million Prime subscribers in the UK, if they made no money on just that income then they would still only be at about 45% of that cost.

They are big spending but they're not stupid. Premier league rights for UK market is stupid money!

Sky should realistically be trying to pay less in the next deal.
Given BT's recent issues they cannot justify paying that kind of money they did previously, also they seem happy to be the second tier player for domestic rights, but who really knows?
I'm sure his job is probably on the line if the deal is a reduction in premier league income.

i think when the the rights are up for sale again i think Sky Tv will find alot more companies will fighting for a share forcing sky to reduce there prices too , i can't under stand why Virgin Media dont put a bid in for it too
Rob King is offline   Reply With Quote