View Single Post
Old 30-01-2009, 21:36   #9
Pia
Inactive

Services: XL Phone XL BB V+ XL TV
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Pia
Re: Epson printer - won't print black?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinglebarb View Post
http://www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml

try this . If your epson is supported you can just set it to clean the black
The .link looks perfect for what i need, but it doesn't say it supports the DX4000

---------- Post added at 21:35 ---------- Previous post was at 21:34 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken W View Post
Check and clean the electrical contacts on the printer and the ink cartrige. This was the problem on my old Epson, can apply to other ink jet printers, anther possibility is block ink catridge.
The ink cartridge doesn't seem blocked, i took it out and had a look and it seems normal.

How would i go about cleaning the electrical contacts?

---------- Post added at 21:36 ---------- Previous post was at 21:35 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiNasty View Post
That's possibly the problem. If the black inkjet has dried out it's going to be virtually impossible to clear.
To give an idea of how often i use it, i've had it for about 2.5 years, and i'm on my 4th set of cartridges. It was only about 2 weeks ago i last used it, and it worked perfectly then...
Pia is offline   Reply With Quote