View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 23:16   #95
RizzyKing

Re: Benefit cuts are fuelling abuse of disabled people, say charities

Marty the trouble is with what the government is doing to longterm disabled only cuts fraud in headlines not by a sizeable amount in reality. For quite a while now you couldn't be officially longterm disabled without providing supporting medical evidence i know because i have supplied it in some cases and agreed on them contacting whoever they needed although asking i think was more politeness as i am sure they can request it whether i agree or not.

Most benefit fraud now is on shortterm usually in six month increments i know because more then one person has detailed how they do it on some of the medical forums i go on (keep upto date on new treatments, developments for my condition). None of the reforms that are doing real damage to longterm sick are catching that group or impacting them in the slightest thats where my anger comes from they are lying to the public knowing damn well it isn't about fraud it's cost cutting at whatever cost.

I do and always have said there needs to be reform of the welfare system my past posts on this forum will show that. They have to be meaningful practical reforms that address all needs for the short, medium and longterm. What is being done right now by this government with a lot of mistruth in your name is none of that.