View Single Post
Old 09-07-2017, 18:48   #12
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Android 7 - moving phone contacts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I've never been called young at 49, thanks!

You can easily change what type your contacts are, in my opinion you should seriously consider the easy way just by using google accounts and if i am not mistaken a google account contact can hold far more information other than just a telephone number?
lol I can just about remember being your age.

We only use our contacts for phone numbers - never use the phones for email or anything like that so no need for more detail.

Her phone's set up as it is and if we can't find out how to change it she'll leave it like that but we'd prefer to have the choice. Maybe Google doesn't want us to...

---------- Post added at 18:48 ---------- Previous post was at 18:35 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
It's just the newer device put everything on the cloud for ease and also easier to keep your contacts should you get a new phone or loose yours or damage the SIM or SD card.

Keeps everything simpler too. Not just a young person thing lol.
We'd still keep the google backup contacts as well as those copied onto the SIM and SD so there's no difference in terms of backup. She just wanted to be able to put one lot of contacts on SIM1 and the other set on SIM2 which is how we've always done it.

Younger people tend to want to do loads of stuff on their phones (banking, social media, shopping, bills, emails etc. etc.) whereas we don't and the contacts we want to display are only for phone/messaging not email or anything else. The wife also uses her phone quite a lot for viewing videos related to her studies/interests but that's about it.

We're trying hard to resist the pressure to make our entire lives 'mobile'...
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote