View Single Post
Old 09-07-2017, 16:05   #9
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Android 7 - moving phone contacts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Why dont you create another google account just for business contacts and use more than 1 account on the phone as you can have as many as you wish? Then it is very very simple to keep things easy, everything is automatically backed up so no need to worry if the SD card or phone go tits up.

I really think you're making things unnecessarily complicated for yourselves.
Lol it's the way we've always done it since we first got Android phones so it's easy for us but I'll accept not the way younger folk might choose to.

The idea isn't to get rid of the Google contacts and rely on SD card, SIM or whatever, just choose which ones we wish to display as we've always done in the past. My phone (A 4.4.2) for example lets me display contacts from Google, the phone, SIM1 or SIM2. It lets me copy to/from my Google account, both SIMs, the SD card and the phone's internal storage. We both like that functionality and don't find it complicated.

What happens if we decide we don't want our contacts stored/backed up via Google? I'm not suggesting that's the case but there must be an alternative surely.

Last edited by Osem; 09-07-2017 at 16:09.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote